DC Superman Man of Steel November 1998
Superman: The Man of Steel is the title of a monthly American comic book series that ran 136 issues (ending with issue # 134) from 1991 to 2003. published by DC Comics, featuring Superman. As a consequence of introducing this series alongside its already existing titles, DC Comics was able to publish a new Superman comic each week. Included in these 136 issues were two special issues: #0 (October 1994, published between issues #37 and #38) and #1, 000, 000 (November 1998), both of which related to other storylines crossing over the DC Universe, Zero Hour and DC One Million.
The first issue was written by Louise Simonson and featured art by Jon Bogdanove, Tom Grummett, Bob McLeod (comics), Dan Jurgens, Dennis Janke, Jerry Ordway, and Brett Breeding.
Issues 22 through 26 of the series were a part of the story The Reign of the Supermen storyline which received the Comics Buyer's Guide Fan Award for Favorite Comic-Book Story for 1993.
The title, Superman: The Man of Steel, would be used again for a series of trade paperbacks collecting the early adventures of the Post-Crisis Superman. The first volume collects and retitles The Man of Steel (comic book) limited series.
- MOS #18: The first appearance of Doomsday.
- MOS #22: First full appearance of John Henry Irons, aka Steel.
- MOS #50: First issue in the arc "The Trial of Superman."
- MOS #75: A comical story spoofing "Superman" (Vol. 2) #75, "The Death of Superman, " this issue featured the "Death of Mxyzptlk."
- MOS #95: Following a revamp and a new creative team coming on board all the Superman titles, MOS begins to focus more on the science fiction elements of Superman.
- MOS #100: First appearance of the New Fortress of Solitude
- MOS #134: Final issue.
From year 1992 to 1997, six annual issues of Superman: The Man of Steel were published by DC Comics. The stories tied into the crossover or themes that were running through DC's annuals that year. These were:
- 1 (1992)- Eclipso: The Darkness Within
- 2 (1993)- Bloodlines
- 3 (1994)- Elseworlds
- 4 (1995)- Year One
- 5 (1996)- Legends of the Dead Earth
- 6 (1997)- Pulp Inspired Stories
You might also like
DC Comics Superman Man Of Steel Silver Logo T-Shirt Size : Medium
Apparel (Hot Topic)
Superman Man of Steel Black Logo Mens T-shirt (Large, Black)