Superman Man of Steel Games YouTube
- The trailer to Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice leaked to file-sharing sites late Thursday, April 16.
- Warner Bros., the studio that produced the film, went on the offensive and shut down YouTube videos.
- The trailer was supposed to be released on Monday, April 20.
- The leak was taped off of a movie screen. The captions on it appear to be in Portuguese.
- The start of the leaked trailer actually shows the trailer's end, suggesting it's playing on a loop while movie theater employees check it for sound and picture.
- This isn't unlike what happened to Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron, which suffered a trailer leak a week early.
Here's the trailer:
Update: After the leak, Warner Bros. and director Zack Snyder released an HD version of the trailer on Friday evening:
What happens in the Batman v. Superman trailer
The big takeaway from the trailer is that it gives us a bit of a clue as to why these two legendary heroes are fighting. People don't trust Superman (Henry Cavill) and the power he wields after the events of Man of Steel. There's a shot where you see a statue of Superman with the phrase "False God" scrawled along its chest in blood red paint.
And Batman (Ben Affleck) is more than ready to stand up to the quintessential superhero.
"Tell me, do you bleed?" a Batman with glowing eyes asks Superman. The sky is dark and rainy. The city looks like it hasn't seen the sun in years. And the trailer closes with an ominous promise from Batman.