Watch Superman the Animated Series free
- Martha Kent's first thought when she comes across an abandoned baby in a spaceship is pick him up and start caring for him. Like a mother.
- In the episode "The Late Mr. Kent", Lois confesses to Superman that, despite her teasing, she really did respect and like Clark (who, as the title would indicate, is believed to be dead at this point); Dana Delany's delivery just breaks your heart.
- Supes' farewell to Dan Turpin: "Goodbye, old friend. In the end, the world didn't need a superman... just a brave one."
- Turpin's tombstone reads as follows: "Daniel Turpin: Earth's Greatest Hero". In a world of superheroes, there is no higher praise.
- Speaking of Turpin, "Tools of the Trade" has Superman publicly give him thanks for saving him, and Turpin saluting as he flies off.
- From "Apokolips... Now!": Toby Raynes staying at her (implicit) lifemate, Maggie Sawyer's side at the hospital, while Maggie was recovering from injuries. And, later on, at Turpin's funeral.
- In the Batman-Superman story, Lois discovers that Bruce Wayne (whom she is dating at the point) is Batman. As she tends to his wounds, she bemoans how she is sitting atop the biggest story in history, the true identity of Batman, yet there's "not a blasted thing" she can do about it. Bruce smiles at her and says "then you really do care about me".
- Superman upon discovering the remains of Krypton, laments that there is no sign anything could have survived, that he is indeed the last of his kind...but then he gets a distress signal from a nearby world. It too had suffered from the explosion of its sister planet, Krypton. From what seems like Superman was too late, that everyone on that sister planet perished too, Superman noticed one sleeping chamber not destroyed from the harsh weather and climate that ruined the planet...and it's still active and working. The life form sleeping inside is still alive, and that lifeform he comes to adopt as his cousin, bringing her back to his adoptive world Earth, Supergirl. What makes this even more sweet is how even though Clark constantly nags at Supergirl in the two-parter she's introduced...the two seem to act as if akin to a Big Brother and Little Sister, because they are the last of their kind - so they found instant kinship with each other. Daaaw!
- This line from the Finale from Lois Lane, Superman hears the cries and distrust of all the people around him in Metropolis (super hearing after all)...Lois tells him not to listen because the people are wrong. He disagrees saying the people are right, then asks out loud, how can he get the people of his adoptive planet to ever trust him again. Lois's response...
vicmy made a real revolution in the industry.